Sunday 28 April 2013

Presentations

It occurs to me that in the last post I wished you a less than Hargenslagen day. And that was my mind being abused by cold medicine. Presentations coming up...again. I have Richard and Zoe marking my stuff - second to last presentation. Fantastic. And im posting now because I probably wont again until friday...After seeing James. And then fall onto the couch. And not rise. At all. This presentation is worth 30% of the entire project. Seems a bit steep for a "realistic" presentation. WHAT.

I think its wasting time. I understand that we need three assignments per semester in order for it to be a credited course. BUT WHY?! Why is this the education system we are complying to? Why don't we change it so it is more accepting of the way designers design? Its not an academic course. It just isnt. WHICH IS WHY I LIKE IT. And one reason alone why we should change the structure of education. If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will continue to think its stupid...Or something of the kind.

So now im busy doing a Research Analysis and Honours Application type things and Major Project Presentation things. OH good god its already 3.36 and I havent even finished writing a list of what I need to put in this presentation. Im supposed to speak for 15 minutes. Right. That is not going to happen. I think we are using powerpoint tech. Slideshows. WHICH IS GOOD so we dont print out and waste ink and electricity and stuff. But I hate projectors.

Im pretty sure my lungs are trying to jump out of my rib cage. Back to Richard and Zoe. I have never had Zoe. I have heard that she is....a tough cookie who BELIEVES IN BELL CURVES EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE MARKING CRITERIA! So apparently she doesnt understand what a marking guide is for. YOU CAN'T BELL CURVE MARKS IF THEY ADHERE TO A MARKING CRITERIA. And Richard who likes tangible models. I dont have high hopes for this presentation. At all. Im sure no-one does though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment